Grid Tools Button
Throughout MGR, you’ll see various data grids. All of these grids have a special “grid tools” icon button. When you click on the button, you’ll see multiple options.
1. Copy selected rows: places the highlighted data rows onto your computer clipboard.
2. Copy all rows: places all data rows in the grid onto your computer clipboard. Once the data rows have been copied to the clipboard, you can paste them into third party applications such as Microsoft Excel for further use.
3. Print grid: prints the grid exactly as it is shown on screen. You will be taken to a print preview window where you can select the desired paper orientation, margins, etc.
4. Word wrap data rows: allows the data rows to wrap if the column is too narrow to fit all data on screen.
5. Show find panel: this will place a search bar above the grid. The grid will filter the data rows based on the typed text.
6. Auto size all columns: will automatically apply the best fit width to all columns.
7.Restore grid defaults: places the grid order and size back to the program default.
Customizing Grid Columns
You can drag columns left or right to reorder the columns in each grid. To turn on or off certain columns, click on the small button to the far left of the columns. This will bring up a pop out box with many different column options. Simply check or uncheck the box next to the columns that you would like turned on or off. When you check the box, it will automatically add the column to your grid, and when you uncheck the box, it will automatically remove the column from your grid. You can close the box by either hitting the escape key on your keyboard or by clicking on the button again.
Sorting the Grid
All grid columns also have the ability to be sorted in either ascending or descending order. To sort a column, simply left click once on the column header – you’ll see a small triangle appear on the right side of the column indicating the sort direction. Left click once more on the column header to sort it in the opposite direction.
Filtering the Grid
All grid columns can also be filtered. When you hover over a grid column header, you will see a small filter icon appear on the right side of the header; click on this. This will show you a pop-out menu allowing you to check existing values to show, or you can choose the custom filter option.
The custom filter feature gives you additional filtering options such as does not equal, is greater than, etc.
When you apply a filter to the grid, you will see the filter criteria appear in a gray rectangle along the very bottom of the grid.
To remove the filter, simply click the red x button on the filter bar.
The grid also has a footer that can be turned on to show statistics over the data in the grid. To enable the footer, right click on any of the column headers to display the grid right-click menu. When you click on the footer option in the right-click menu, you will see a gray bar appear below the grid. Note: some grids automatically have the footer turned on, so if you don’t see it try clicking on footer again in the right click menu.
Once the footer is visible, you can turn on the different statistic options by right clicking in the footer directly under the desired column. You can only turn on one statistic at a time per column. For example, to turn on the sum for the unposted debits in the account balance report grid, right click on the footer directly under the unposted debits column and choose sum. You will then see the sum in the footer under that column. You can also choose to display the average, minimum, maximum, or count. To turn off the sum, right click on the number and choose none.